Whole cinnamon sticks are typically used as much in the kitchen as its ground counterpart, but you will be surprised to learn there are a variety of ways you can use them. Cinnamon sticks are so easy to incorporate into your every day life.
The warm spicy notes of cinnamon pair really well with desserts, hot drinks, and savory dishes. Here are a few uses for cinnamon sticks:
1. Use them to stir your tea, coffee, and cock tails. Gently use them to stir and let the flavor slowly infuse into your drink.
2. Use them to flavor meats in a slow cooker. When cooking with meats your instinct probably isn't to use cinnamon sticks, but they actually are quite good. When you are cooking with meats in the crockpot cinnamon intensifies the savory flavor and adds a subtle richness to the dish.
3. Did you know they always make great air fresheners? Tie a bundle of cinnamon sticks together and hang in different spots around your home or the car. You can also simmer for a short while on the stove top to have the warm aroma of cinnamon throughout your kitchen.
4. Use them as a natural foot soak. Cinnamon has powerful anti-bacterial and anti-fungal qualities. Boil a few cinnamon sticks with a few cups of water and let it sit for a few minutes to cool. Soak your feet and enjoy the benefits.
5. You can use Cinnamon Sticks to repel moths. Fill a small ratchet with cinnamon sticks, a tablespoon of cloves, and a tablespoon of black pepper for a natural repellent. Place the sachet in your desired area.