Pumpkin Cookie Recipe
Updated: Oct 11, 2021
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 19 Minutes
Serving Size: 36 Cookies
Here is what you'll need to get started:
For the cookies:
1 Teaspoon Baking soda
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 ½ Cups all Purpose Flour
2 Teaspoon Nancy’s Pumpkin Spice Mix
½ Teaspoon Salt
1 Stick of Butter, Softened
1 ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Large Egg
½ Cup Pure Canned Pumpkin
1 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
For the glaze:
2 Cups Powdered Sugar, Sifted
3 Tablespoons Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Teaspoons Butter, Softened
1) Start by Preheating your oven to 350 degrees and then grease your baking sheet.
2) In a large bowl, combine baking soda, baking powder, flour, Nancy’s pumpkin spice mix, and salt.
3) In a separate large bowl, mix 1 stick of butter and sugar until well blended. Beat in egg, pumpkin, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth.
4) Gradually beat in flour mixture into the pumpkin/vanilla bowl.
5) Let the mixture chill in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm the dough.
6) Take the cookies out of the freezer and roll onto the baking sheet and place cookies at least one inch apart.
7) Bake for sixteen minutes. Enjoy the fall aroma in your kitchen as they bake.
8) Take the cookies out and let them cool for three minutes outside of the oven.
9) In a new small bowl mix together sifted powdered sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon butter, and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.
You can purchase Nancy's pumpkin spice mix below.