Updated: Jan 18, 2022
It's going to be a cold weekend with snow showers expected on Sunday in Lawrenceville! While everyone is in their homes this weekend, this hot chocolate recipe will be the perfect drink to help you warm up! It's also very simple to make.
Here is what you will need:
4 oz. Semi-sweet chocolate bar
2 cups Whole Milk
¼ Cup Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Dash of Cinnamon (Optional)
1) Chop up the chocolate bar into small pieces on a cutting board.
2) Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
3) Once the Milk begins to bubble, add the chocolate and whisk until smooth. For every 2 oz of chocolate, you will need a cup of milk. Add the brown sugar and vanilla extract and continue to whisk.
4) Once Steaming hot, pour into your favorite mug.
5) Garnish with marshmallows.
6) Put on your favorite movie and enjoy!
Using a chocolate bar instead of hot chocolate packet creates a much richer flavor! Once you try it this way you will never go back.